BORROWING AND RENEWING MATERIALS
- Your library card or a valid ID must be presented to withdraw materials.
- You are responsible for all materials borrowed on your card.
- Your first library card is free. Lost cards replacement fee is $1.00.
- You can renew materials either in person at the library, by phone at 978-664-4942, or online.
- You must ask for a note to be added to your record, which gives other people permission to pick up your items, or you may give another person your library card. This policy includes other family members.
- As of July 1, 2008, there will be a late fee on DVDs: $1.00 a day, with a $3.00 cap, per DVD. Items that are lost or not returned for other reasons will be billed at the purchase/replacement prices. The new limit will be 10.
- The Evergreen online catalog sends a courtesy email reminder notice before an item is due.
- You can also sign up for Library Elf, a personal email reminder service.
Thank you to Century 21/Spindler & O’Neil for providing the library with card sleeves.
Please help reduce library expenses by:
- Returning materials on time.
- Signing up for e-mail notification.
- Taking good care of borrowed items.
|Items||Overdue Fines||Loan Period||Renewable|
|Books, Cassettes, Magazines & CD’S||No||3 weeks||Yes, twice|
|DVDs (Limit of 10 per card)||$1.00 a day; $3.00 cap per DVD||1 week||Yes, once|
The library is a member of the Merrimack Valley Library Consortium, a network of 35 libraries serving the Merrimack Valley. Borrowers in good standing may use the resources of other consortium libraries. Services include interlibrary loan, online databases, and the online catalog.
Through the Merrimack Valley Library Consortium (MVLC) web site, you have access to library services online.
Login to your library account by entering your library card number and your personal identification number (PIN). Once you are logged in you are able to:
- Renew items
- Request items
- Find out what items you have checked out
Initially your PIN is the last four digits of your phone number. The first time you log in with that PIN you will be asked to select a more secure password that is at least seven characters long and contains both letters and numerals. Once you make this change you will be able to log into your account.
The library offers home delivery. If you or someone you know is housebound, please email or call the library. We will help you choose materials and arrange for them to be delivered.