Welcome to the Flint Memorial Library’s Summer Reading program – Read for the Win! You may register as of today, but the program runs between June 27 and August 19.
How to Play!
Students at each grade level have been assigned a literary Bingo board that was handed out at the elementary schools. Scroll down to download extra bingo boards!
Please note: The online portion of the program is to keep track of how many children are participating and how many books are read this summer. Children do not need to enter their books online to win.
We will have a summer reading goodie bag with reading logs and activities available on the fourth floor – first come, first serve – after the June 20 Ice Cream Party. Reading logs are for fun. Children may use their reading logs to keep track of their minutes, but reading logs do not determine whether you win a prize.
For every game of Bingo completed (five-in-a-row across, up-and-down, or diagonally), a child is eligible for a prize OR to enter a raffle. This is restricted to one prize per week.
The first Bingo prize for everyone is a McDonald’s Hamburger Happy Meal (or raffle ticket).
If children black-out their Bingo board (complete all the activities) by August 5, they will win a free ticket to Topsfield Fair, as well as a voucher for two free rides, a hot dog and a drink. This deadline is set by Topsfield Fair.
Please note: Children should do each activity separately. Adults, please do not sign off on several boxes that the student did in one sitting. No matter how many bingo games you win in a week, you will only receive one prize per week. There is no catching up on past week’s prizes. If you miss a week, you miss the prize. Thank you for your cooperation!
At the library, we’ll have an estimation raffle – guess how many items are in the jar and enter the raffle. Whoever is closest to the actual number wins. (On the fourth floor only)
There will also be a Hide-and-Seek with Duke the Dog raffle – find the stuffed animal (Duke the Dog Beanie Boo), tell a librarian and enter the raffle. Winner to be chosen at the end of summer reading will take home Duke the Dog. (On the fourth floor only)
What to Read?
Here are some suggested titles for the following grade levels. Books are available at the Flint Memorial Library, or within the Merrimack Valley Library Consortium.
Here are the required and suggested titles for the secondary schools in North Reading. Books are available at the Flint Memorial Library, or within the Merrimack Valley Library Consortium.
- Flint Memorial Library visits the Batchelder School – June 8
- Flint Memorial Library visits the Little School – June 13
- Flint Memorial Library visits the Hood School – June 16
- Ice Cream Party / Summer Reading Kickoff – June 20 between 5:30 and 7 p.m.
- Pumpernickel Puppets presents Sir George and the Dragon – June 27 at 10:30 a.m.
- Hands on Nature: Fireflies lecture and craft – July 12 at 3:30 p.m.
- Music with Dara – July 14 at 10:30 a.m.
- Morning Pre-School Storytime with Family Resource Network – July 19 at 10 a.m.
- Read to Listening Lydia the Dog – July 19 at 3:30 p.m.
- Stuffed Animal Sleepover – Drop-off all day on July 21
- Stuffed Animal Sleepover – Pick-up Storytime & Snacks on July 22 at 10:30 a.m.
- The Greg & Axel live magic show – July 28 at 2 p.m.
- Library Olympics – August 2 at 1:30 p.m.
- Morning Pre-School Storytime – August 4 at 10 a.m.
- Music with Dara – August 11 at 10:30 a.m.
- Read to Listening Lydia the Dog – August 16 at 3:30 p.m.
And now a word from our Sponsors…
None of this would be possible without our wonderful sponsors! Thank you to the community for coming together and donating their time, efforts and services to our program.
Read for the Win is sponsored by:
- The Darling Family
- McDonald’s of North Reading
- Mel Webster, School Committee member
- Nan’s Cafe
To become a sponsor, please contact Danielle Masterson at email@example.com.