Printing, Copying, and Scanning
PRINTING AND COPYING:
The library’s print and copy station is available on the 2nd floor for public use.
- Black & white prints/copies are 20 cents each
- Color prints/copies are 25 cents each
Note: Print jobs may take a couple of minutes from the time you print to the time they appear in the queue at the print release station.
Our mobile printing service allows you to send print jobs from your computer, mobile device or smartphone and pick up your prints at the 2nd floor reference printer. Whether you are on your laptop in the library, working from home, or strolling through the park, all you need is an Internet connection and the ability to get to the library before it closes for the day. Check out the instructions below to see how it works!
Print from Your Computer
· Click HERE to go to our Wireless Print Portal
· Select either the Black and White Printer or the Color Printer
· Enter your email address
· Select what you want to print:
- Documents: Click “Browse” to find a document on your computer
- Websites: Enter the URL/web address of a website you wish to print from
· Click the Grey Arrow Button, then click the Green Print Button
· Visit the library print release station > Click “Click Here to Print” > Enter your email in the field marked Email Address > · Click the square next to pay cash > Add your money to the coin box > Click OK
Tip: Don’t have an email address? Enter firstname.lastname@example.org (ex: John@Smith.com)
Print from Your Android or Apple Device
· Open the app and tap “Select a Library“
· Search for “Flint Memorial Library” to see the Black and White and Color Printer options. Select and save the printer(s) you wish to use.
· Follow the prompts on the screen to print your document
· Visit the library print release station > Click “Click Here to Print” > Enter your email in the field marked Email Address > Click the square next to pay cash > Add your money
Print from Laptop or Mobile Device by Email
· Log in to your email
· Send an email with the document you want to print attached to:
- B&W: email@example.com
- Color: firstname.lastname@example.org
· You will receive a confirmation email when your print job is ready
· Visit the library print release station > Click “Click Here to Print” > Enter your email in the field marked Email Address > · · Click the square next to pay cash > Add your money to the coin box > Click OK
Note: This method will send your email and the attachment to the printer as two separate print jobs. If you do not want to print the email, use the preview feature to determine which document is the email. Delete the email and print the attachment.
NOTICE: Please call the 2nd floor Reference Desk at 978-664-4942, ext. 2 to learn more about our printing services, including picking up jobs in contactless fashion at the rear book drop entrance by the elevator.
This service is always free! The library has two scanners available on the 2nd floor for public use.
For more information about these services, contact the reference desk at 978-664-4942, ext. 2.