BORROWING AND RENEWING MATERIALS
- Your library card or a valid ID must be presented to withdraw materials.
- A library card is available to all North Reading residents. To obtain a card, you will need a photo ID, preferably a driver’s license with the correct address. If the address is not current, please provide a lease, utility bill, or another document with the current North Reading address.
- You can renew materials by calling 978-664-4942, or you can renew materials online.
- Please ask a staff member to add a note to your account to give other people, including family members, permission to pick up your items. You may give another person your library card to withdraw materials.
- Your first library card is free. The replacement fee is $1.00.
- Items that are damaged or not returned will be billed at the purchase or replacement cost.
- As of September 1, 2019, there are no late fees on any books, DVDs, CDs, or audiobooks.
- The Enterprise online catalog sends a courtesy email reminder notice before an item is due. You can also sign up for Library Elf, a personal email reminder service.
Thank you to Century 21/Spindler & O’Neil for providing the library with card sleeves.
Please help reduce library expenses by:
- Returning materials on time
- Signing up for e-mail notification
- Taking good care of borrowed items
|Items||Overdue Fines||Loan Period||Renewable|
|Books, Magazines & CDs||No||3 weeks||Yes, twice|
|DVDs (Limit of 10 per card)||No||1 week||Yes, once|
The library is a member of the Merrimack Valley Library Consortium (MVLC), a network of 35 libraries serving the Merrimack Valley. Borrowers in good standing may use the resources of other consortium libraries. Services include interlibrary loan, online databases, and the online catalog. Use the MVLC catalog to access library services online.
Log in to your library account by entering your library card number and your personal identification number (PIN). Once you are logged in you will be able to:
- Renew items
- Request items
- Find out what items you have checked out
Initially, your PIN is the last four digits of your library card. The first time you log in with that PIN you may be asked to select a more secure password that is at least seven characters long and contains both letters and numerals. You may change to a password of your choosing at any time.
DUE TO COVID-19, THIS SERVICE IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE.
The library offers home delivery. If you or someone you know is housebound, please email or call the library. We will help you choose materials and arrange for them to be delivered.