Hoopla Help & FAQ
1) Register for a hoopla account by visiting http://hoopladigital.com, or by using the free hoopla mobile app which is available at the Google Play store and the Apple Store. You will need to provide an email address and have your Flint Memorial Library card number to create an account. Need a library card? Contact us.
2) Browse titles on your computer or mobile device by clicking Browse All on the format (Music, Movies, Audiobooks, eBooks, Comics, and Television). You can also search for a specific title by clicking on the Search box or magnifying glass and typing in your title(s)/keyword.
3) To borrow a title, click on the title and then click the Borrow button. Your borrowed titles can be played right after borrowing. They can also be found under the My Titles menu for later viewing/listening. You can borrow up to 5 titles per month. Your borrowing limit resets on the first of every month.
4) Borrowed titles will be automatically returned when your lending period is over. There are no holds, wait lists, or late fees for any of hoopla’s content.
• Television and Movies: 3 days
• Music: 7 days
• eBooks, Audiobooks, and Comics: 21 days
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: If I don’t use all my checkouts in a month, do they carry over to the next month?
A: No, unused checkouts do not carry over.
Q: Do I have to return borrowed titles?
A: No. Titles will return automatically at the end of a loan period.
Q: Can I return items early?
A: Yes, but it will not give you another checkout for that month. The only reason to return a title early is to free up space on your device or remove items you have already watched or listened to from your list of borrowed items.
TUTORIALS FOR USING HOOPLA:
Video: Intro to Hoopla for the Web
Video: Intro to Hoopla for Android devices
Video: Intro to Hoopla for iOS (Apple) devices
Video: Install the Hoopla Roku app
Video: Install the Hoopla Apple TV app
Video: Install the Hoopla Fire TV app
If you have additional questions or would like staff assistance, please contact us.